KAB has three rehabilitation teams throughout the region, based at KAB Sight Centres in Maidstone, Canterbury and Bromley, with three additional offices in Gravesend, Dover and Medway. All three teams provide comprehensive rehabilitation services, mainly on an outreach basis in service users' own homes.
Tel: 020 8464 8406
Our Bromley Team covers the whole London Borough of Bromley.
Tel: 01227 763366
Our East Team covers Swale, Canterbury, Thanet, Dover, Ashford and Shepway boroughs.
Tel: 01622 691357 (Main Reception)
Our West Team covers Dartford, Gravesham, Sevenoaks, Maidstone, Tonbridge and Malling, and Tunbridge Wells boroughs.
Tel: 01634 332929
Medway is part of our West Team but you will need to contact our Medway office if you live in Medway.
As well as being a base for rehabilitation teams, our Sight Centres provide additional services, such as:
- Resource rooms displaying a range of equipment and new technology.
- In Maidstone and Bromley, low vision clinics hosted on behalf of local hospitals which assess for and provide low vision aids (magnifiers), along with advice on lighting and techniques to make the most of remaining vision.
- Skills Training courses for people with all levels of sight impairment.
- Awareness Training courses for families, carers and professional workers.
- Meeting spaces for events and specialist support groups.
- Information and Assistive technology training and support; home visits are also available in some cases
- Volunteer Coordinators are based at Sight Centres. Their role is to coordinate the work of the 800 plus volunteers who provide essential support for KAB's work.