- Have you wondered what it's like having reduced vision?
- Are you nervous about helping someone with sight impairments?
- Are the needs of sight impaired people being fully considered by your organisation?
KAB offers half-day, non-accredited, sight awareness courses that provide relevant awareness training for anyone who works with or has contact with people who have sight impairments. The training is also suitable for anyone who wants to learn more about living with sight loss or helping people who have sight impairment. The half-day training will cover:
- The causes and effects of the six main eye conditions
- Practical, hands on experiences under simulation spectacles and blindfolds
- How to guide someone with sight impairment safely
- How to help sight impaired people to perform everyday tasks